Occupy Schools™ Pledge
I, _____________________________, commit to making a difference in the academic outcomes of all children by first dedicating my efforts to the academic success of my own child. I, therefore pledge to:
- Practice healthy living habits by ensuring that my child has nutritious meals, adequate rest and exercise.
- Restrict the amount of time my child spends watching television, playing video games, using the computer and phone for non-educational purposes.
- Create an environment in my home that promotes learning.
- Maintain regular, positive communication with my child’s teachers.
- Volunteer at my child’s school and participate in school functions.
- Ensure that my child has necessary school supplies and organizational tools.
- Monitor homework daily and assist when needed.
- Provide stability in my home with routines and practices that support healthy academic, social, and emotional development for my children.
- Encourage my child’s spirit by celebrating his or her strengths and providing support in areas of challenge.
I will do these things and support Mocha Moms' efforts to educate parents throughout my community to do the same.