Our National Platform
Our platform contains seven main issues or pillars:
- Non-exclusivity: We wanted to create an organization where ALL at-home mothers of color would feel welcome. Our dues are relatively low. We believe the membership fee makes Mocha Moms, Inc. accessible to almost any mom regardless of family income. Our policy of non-exclusivity also explains why we are not a religious organization. We want at-home mothers of color of all religions to feel completely comfortable at Mocha Moms activities. Further, we do not discriminate against any group of people. Anyone who supports the mission of Mocha Moms, Inc. is welcome to join. We have and will continue to welcome at-home dads and at-home moms of all races, as well as mothers who work outside the home on a full or part-time basis, into our organization.
- Community activism and the spirit of volunteerism: Community service clearly benefits society at large, but performing the service also benefits our members. By serving their communities, members are able to hone or cultivate skills that are not currently being used in their jobs as moms. Further, it is important for children to witness their mothers being involved in improving and giving back to their communities.
- Support for work-at-home mothers: Mocha Moms, Inc. intends to prepare a database of home-based businesses owned by Mocha Moms. This will enable mothers who work-at-home to connect and network.
- Non-partisanship: Mocha Moms of all political, religious and all other persuasions are welcome. Mocha Moms, Inc. does not support political candidates or parties.
- Strong commitment to strengthening marriages: Mocha Moms, Inc. is committed to supporting the at-home mother of color as she sets the foundation for her family and learns and grows as a wife and/or partner.
- Health and Wellness of ourselves, our families and our communities: Self-care is absent in the lives of many at-home mothers, but it is crucial to maintaining a sense of well-being and balance.
- Education of our children and nation’s children: Whether our children attend public, private, charter schools or are home schooled, at home mothers are committed to educating their children and Mocha Moms, Inc. is committed to help in this endeavor.
"All that support our mission and platforms are welcome!"